Contact Information 
District Offices
315 East Market Street
Suite 100
Clearfield, PA 16830

(814) 765-0609

Fax: (814) 765-0592

264 Haida Avenue
Suite A1
Hastings, PA 16646.
Phone (814) 247-6210
Fax (814) 247-6212

Satellite Office 
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
600 Lingle Street, Suite 100
Osceola Mills, PA 16666
Phone: (814) 339-6544
Fax: (814) 339-6546

Capitol Office
149B East Wing
PO Box 202073
Harrisburg, PA 17120-2073
Phone: (717) 787-7099
Fax: (717) 782-2922
Gabler, Sankey Announce Availability of LIHEAP Crisis Grants
HARRISBURG - The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is now offering crisis grants to provide emergency home heating support to Pennsylvanians who are struggling to heat their home this winter, according to state Reps. Matt Gabler (R-Clearfield/Elk) and Tommy Sankey (R-Clearfield).

“If you have an existing heating emergency and already received a cash grant late last year during the first phase of LIHEAP, you need only call your local county assistance office to request the crisis grant,” Gabler said.

LIHEAP is a grant program administrated by the Department of Public Welfare which helps low-income families pay their heating bills. Eligibility for the program is not dependent on recipients being on public assistance or having an unpaid heating bill, and is available to both renters and homeowners.
Emergency situations that would qualify as eligibility for a crisis grant include: 
        • Broken heating equipment or leaking lines that must be fixed or replaced. 
        • Lack of fuel. 
        • Termination of utility service. 
        • Danger of being without fuel (less than a 15-day supply) or of having utility service 
            terminated (received a notice that service will be shut off within the next 60 

Anyone who has not already received a cash grant and needs to apply for LIHEAP assistance can do so online at either or Additional assistance is available through these county assistance offices:

Clearfield County - 1025 Leonard St., Clearfield. Telephone: (814) 765-7591 or 1-800-521-9218.

Elk County - 145 Race St., Ridgway. Telephone: (814) 776-1101 or 1-800-847-0257.

Representative Matt Gabler
75th District, Pennsylvania House of Representatives /
Representative Tommy Sankey
74th District, Pennsylvania House of Representatives /
Media Contact: Scott Little
Share |